Everyone struggles at some stage in their life, and we are here to help you. We want to assist people in maximising their potential and alleviating distress by offering evidence based treatment, individualised programs, and a supportive space to talk. Individual therapy sessions are an ideal way to find a tailored approach to your needs. We focus on understanding what you would like to achieve, what strengths you have in achieving these goals, and teach you skills to achieve your goals.
Our Psychologists see all ages and all presenting problems. Some specialise in children, teens, couples, families, adults, and older adults.
Some examples of problems we treat:
Problems we treat
- Couples therapy
- Trauma and childhood trauma
- Grief and bereavement
- FIFO and relocation issues
- Workplace issues
- Eating disorders
- Drug and alcohol problems
- Sleep disorders
- Sexual difficulties
- Self Esteem
- Life difficulties and transitions
- Overall wellbeing
- Parental discord, separation and/or divorce
- Bullying, including cyber bullying
- Death of a friend, family member or pet
- Chronic illness i.e. Type I Diabetes, Juvenile arthritis, or asthma
- Academic/learning difficulties
- Anxiety and depression disorders
- Parent with medical or mental health problem
- Relationship problems
Please contact us on 1300 322 068 for details of our fees. Payments are to be made on the day of the consultation.
If you are referred by a GP under a GP Mental Health Care Plan, or are referred by a psychiatrist, you may be eligible for rebate of up to $124.50 per session (for Clinical Psychologist) or $84.50 (for Registered Psychologist), for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
Alternatively, you may also self-refer and you may be eligible for a rebate from your private health fund. Contact your health fund to check if you are covered for psychological services and what rebate you will receive.
To book your session, contact us.
ONLINE VIDEO SESSIONS
Direction Psychological Services now offers online (video) sessions to all who wish to use this service. In order to book your online session, simply contact our reception and request to book in your “online session”. Once you have been booked in, further instructions will be sent to you for your video session. We have several Clinical and Registered Psychologists who are offering online sessions. Please head to our website, and you can see which are current offering online sessions: http://directionpsychology.com/about/meet-the-team/
From 1 November 2017 online, video sessions will be available under the Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative for services to consumers in rural, remote and very remote Australia.
In order to be eligible for rebates from Medicare for online sessions, you must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- On a current Mental Health Care Plan from your GP or Psychiatrist
- Living in the Modified Monash Model (MMM) regions 4-7. Check via this link to check: http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/MMM_locator
If you meet the above, you can access your 10 annual Medicare-rebated sessions via online, video sessions.
Contact us on 1300 322 068 to book in.
Want more info?