At Direction Psychological Services, we offer a wide range of formal assessments. Sometimes referred to as psychometric testing, here are some of the assessments our psychologists can complete:
- Cognitive Abilities / IQ assessment with the WISC-V, for children aged 6years through to 16years 11months.
- Academic Skills / Educational Assessment with the WIAT-III, we can do all ages.
- We can assess word reading fluency, reading comprehension, spelling, written expression, mathematical reasoning, and calculation skills.
- Attention and Executive Functioning. Executive function and self-regulation skills are the mental processes that enable us to plan, focus attention, remember instructions, and juggle multiple tasks successfully. This test is typically done for children who have difficulty with staying on task, poor working memory and attention.
- Diagnostic testing for Specific Learning Disorders such as Dyslexia.
- Assessments for the WACE special consideration (Year 11 and 12 students).
- Assessments to help to determine the right kind of academic support a child needs and point parents in the right direction regardless of meeting diagnostic criteria or not.
- We also provide recommendations to improve/support areas of weakness, at home and especially for classroom support.
Contact our admin team and request to book in with one of our psychologists who complete psychometric testing.